Motogadget is back at it with the new m.unit basic, an update to their previous m.unit v2 control units. The new version features many improvements, including 12 inputs, 10 outputs and replaceable high-quality cable clamps. This solid-state device has no fuses to swap out in the event of a short, is roughly the size of a pack of playing cards, and offers an easy solution for having the tidiest wiring setup on your motorcycle. An electronic marvel, precisely engineered and designed to make wiring your motorcycle an absolute breeze, the Motogadget m.unit basic is among the best for upgrading the stock wiring on your bike.
Note: The m.unit basic includes the same great features as the m.unit blue, but without Bluetooth® LE und connectivity to the m.ride app.
For complete details regarding this product, we’ve included Motogadget’s description of the m-Unit below.
The new Motogadget m.unit basic without Bluetooth® LE has moved on from the established m.unit v.2 by undergoing significant development and improvements. It is now equipped with 12 inputs, 10 outputs and replaceable high-quality cable clamps. It offers the same features as the m.unit blue, but without Bluetooth® LE und connectivity to the m.ride app.
The m.unit basic is the digital control unit for your motorbike – the heart of the entire on-board electrical system. It can be operated using buttons or using conventional handlebar switches. It controls all necessary components on the vehicle while also performing fuse functions.
There are considerably fewer relays and individual components in the wiring harness and the vehicle can be rewired with less effort in a very short amount of time.
When using the m.button, all switch connections are reduced to one single cable.
- Complete digital control using buttons possible with 4 or 5-button operation. Also latching switches possible
- Complete replacement for the fuse box. 10 independent circuits are digitally monitored and switched off if there are faults. After the fault is rectified, the safety function is automatically reset.
- Integrated alarm system that can be installed in any position.
- Integrated, digital flasher relay that is load-independent; automatic switch-off optional and can be set; m.wave mode can be selected.
- Integrated hazard warning light.
- Turn signal can optionally be set as a positioning light.
- Integrated parking light and headlight flashing.
- Lo-beam and Hi-beam (up to 200 W switched capacity) can be controlled using only one button.
- Integrated, digital brake light modulator; flashing mode can be programmed.
- Acceleration-controlled emergency brake light (automatic warning signal).
- Integrated starter relay for the starter system with solenoid (up to 30 A switched capacity).
- Intelligent and configurable management/switch-off of power consuming devices so that the maximum starting energy from the battery can be used when starting the motorbike.
- Integrated, digital horn relay.
- Two configurable additional outputs AUX1 and AUX2.
- Diagnostics function for assigning inputs, outputs, the circuit switching status, short circuit diagnostics etc.
- Calibration and current measurement enables faults to be detected on all lamps.
- m.unit basic
- Approx. 50 cm connecting cable for battery positive terminal with 10 mm² cross section
- 2 cable eyes
- 1 x M5 stainless steel bolt
- 2 x M5 stainless steel bolts with nut
- 1 x speed sensor with 2 magnets
- Detailed installation and operating instructions